Jet Nozzle Assembly – Series 65 (A1045 Steel Alloy)
The series 65 jet nozzle assembly comprises of a four part assembly, comprising of a weld on socket, tungsten carbide jet nozzle, threaded nozzle retaining jacket and O-ring seal. This assembly is ideal when building tools where high presser fluid is used to aid in the cutting (hole opening) by flushing the cutting surface, thus extending the life of the cutters or aiding in the cutting of softer formations. High pressure flow across the cutting surface increases ROP (rate of penetration) as well as increasing the life of the cutters. By efficiently removing the cuttings away from the leading edge of the cutter insurers that cuttings are not being re-cut or act as an abrasives which will shorten the life of any cutter. The socket weldment can be ordered in two materials, Steel Alloy as well as 316 Stainless Steel. Part No. JNA-S65-A-XX (08 | 09 | 10 | 12 | 14 | 16 | 18)
AISI 1045 steel is characterized by good weldability, good machinability, and high strength and impact properties in either the normalized or hot rolled condition.AISI 1045 steel is a medium tensile steel supplied in the black hot rolled or normalized condition. It has a tensile strength of 570 – 700 MPa and Brinell hardness ranging between 170 and 210.
AISI 1045 steel is characterized by “good weldability”. Best results will be achieved by Pre-heating the sockets before full welding, with optional Stress-releasing after welding.
Certain facts about welding of AISI 1045 steel are:
- AISI 1045 steel is readily welded when correct procedure is followed.
- Welding AISI 1045 steel in through-hardened, tempered and flame or induction hardened condition is not recommended.
- Low hydrogen electrodes are preferred for welding AISI 1045 steel.
- The workpiece is
- Pre-heated at 200°C–300°C (392°F – 572°F)
- Maintained at the same temperature during welding
- Cooled slowly using sand, ashes etc and
- Stress relieved at 550°C – 660°C (1022°F – 1220°F).
Customer Design & Specified Materials
We stride to meet our customer’s needs. Customers having special design and material criteria are encouraged to contact us for price and minimum order requirements.